Crawford Dog and Cat Hospital2135 Jericho TurnpikeGarden City Park, NY 11040
Comprehhesive Physical Examination:
The head to toe examination is the first step to evaluating your dog.
- coat and skin
- eyes, ears, mouth, and teeth
- heart. lungs, and abdomen
- legs and paws.
Chemistry and CBC
- A blood chemistry profile, including electrolytes, provides information about your pet's liver, kidneys, and pancreas as well as other functions of the body,such as blood sugar and hydration. A complete blood count can identify infection,inflammation, and anemia.
Infectious Disease Screening
- Identifies if your pet has been exposed to blood borne parasites such as heart worm and lyme disease
- Checks for parasites, living hidden in your pet's intestines. Some of these worms are contagious to people as well.
Thyroid Function Tests
- Early detection of hypothyroidism is only possible with a blood test.
- Identifies urinary tract inflammation, infection, and early kidney disease
- At risk dogs can have special enzyme testing done to detect early evidence of heart problems.